SMART MD’s Healthcare Consulting & Fertility Financing Program
What type of Practice Management and Consulting does SMART MD offer?
SMART MD Practices offer Financial Management; Human Resource Management; Marketing Services; New Business Management; and Retention of Current Business Management Services.
What type of Financial Management Services do you offer?
SMART MD Practices can perform various financial assessments for your practice, to include: a complete review of profit & loss for a given year or a year to year comparison; charge and payment review to include a breakdown of clinic revenue by departments/categories (i.e. surgical, gyn, lab, etc.); review of clinic vendor pricing and contracts.
Our service includes a complete clinic report, and will highlight areas of concern and potential improvement. In addition, we will provide recommendations for improvement or change, based on best practice data and benchmarking.
Will SMART MD assist my practice with researching alternate service and supply vendors?
Yes. SMART MD Practices offers this level of service, and can draft and submit Request For Proposals (RFP’s) for both services and supplies on behalf of your practice. We perform a thorough review of the quotes received, as well as negotiate all final pricing and contract terms for your practice.
Does your firm offer Recruitment or other Human Resource Services?
Yes, we can assess your current staffing levels by department, and based on practice performance and business needs we can provide recommendations for your clinic’s hiring or downsizing. In addition, SMART MD can assist with the recruitment, screening, and hiring process for any open positions in your clinic.
What type of database systems or options do you offer?
SMART MD Practices offers several Access Data Base options that can be implemented for added efficiency and cost saving purposes. Currently we offer the following:
- Human Resource Database – maintains and tracks all employee and physician employment files in an electronic format. Designed specifically for medical practices and includes degree, certification, training/CME (CEU), and credentialing maintenance.
- Marketing Database – maintains all costs and expenses for the practice’s marketing endeavors, to include both direct to consumer and direct to business marketing.
- Referral Database – tracks all New Patients to your practice – allows reporting on referring physicians, practices, other sources (i.e. website, seminar, friend, social media ad, google search, etc.), as well as the demographics of the referrals (i.e. city, state, zip code, insurance provider, employer, etc.).
- C.A.R.E.S. © Program Database – designed specifically for our C.A.R.E.S. © Program clients, this database tracks package sold, patient service and payment information, and all revenue generated by the program. It has multiple reporting options, and SMART MD will design reports specific to clinic preferences.
Electronic Data Base Solutions
What formats of the database are available to purchase from SMART MD?
We offer two (2) different methods for purchase:
- “Template” format – basic database set “as is”-all information specific to the practice must be entered by the practice. Any updates, additions, or changes must be completed by the practice after purchase.
- “Tailored-Set Up” format – SMART MD Practices will tailor the database to meet your practice’s requests, prior to your receipt and upload. For example – we can add all marketing sources, referring physician and practice names, names of employed MD’s for whom patients will be scheduled to see, insurance carrier names, etc.
Is the HR Database specific to healthcare organizations?
YES – our Human Resource (HR) database was built specifically for healthcare/medical practices. While it includes all the standard sections for employee file maintenance, such as: demographics, emergency contact, resume & application forms, offer letter and job description, salary and performance evaluation tracking, as well as plan benefits and PTO information, it also includes a section specific to healthcare professionals. This section or “tab”, allows for the tracking and maintenance of physician, RN, LPN, MA, CNA, laboratory technicians, etc. CME’s, CEU’s, and similar educational credits.
Does the HR Database allow for maintenance and tracking of other educational training or courses?
YES-Education and training such as ICD-9/10, office safety, HIPAA, customer service, risk management, new corporate policies, etc. can all be maintained for each employee’s file.
Can I attach or upload documents to an employee file?
YES-Our database system allows for the uploading and attachments of PDF, Word, and Excel documents. Attachments can be accomplished for each employee file, and under multiple “tabs” in each file.
Is the Marketing Database specific to healthcare organizations?
YES – our Marketing database was built specifically to maintain and track all new patient referrals into the practice. The system allows your office to enter the means and method by which each patient entered the practice, which includes the ability to track all physician referrals and marketing efforts employed by the practice (i.e. print ad, TV, radio, website, social media, google/bing search, etc.).
Does the Marketing Database have reporting options available?
YES- in fact there are multiple reporting options available. Literally, any line item entered into the database can be used as an option for reporting.
What types of information can I track other than the referral source?
Dozens! If your practice has more than one physician, you may want to generate a report that breaks downs the total referrals by the number that each physician in the practice saw. Or, you may wish to determine “why” a particular physician received significantly more referrals, or was assigned more new patients than another. For example, a physician may have been assigned a new patient because they had the “first available” opening. Another new patient may have specifically “requested a male physician”, and yet another customer wanted a “late day appointment-after 3:00pm”.
Alternately, generating a report that shows the geographical area(s) where the majority of your new patients live, may be of interest. Or, perhaps you would like to know the percentage of patients with a particular health insurance carrier. The database has the capability of generating this and much more information, quickly and easily.
Ensuring practice managers have the ability to run a myriad of different reports, in order to generate and assess information that may be critical or simply desired by them or practice stockholders, was SMART MD’s goal when developing this robust database, and we believe we’ve hit the mark!
C.A.R.E.S.© Fertility Financial Program
Who do I contact for a consult about the C.A.R.E.S. © Fertility Financial Program?
Tammie S. Poe, at firstname.lastname@example.org (or) Complete our Contact Form and include your clinic’s preferences for days/times for the presentation.
How does the C.A.R.E.S. © Program differ from Shared Risk and Refund Programs?
The C.A.R.E.S. © Program differs in many ways from other Fertility Programs currently on the market. A few of these differences are shown below:
Who is eligible to enroll in The C.A.R.E.S.© Program?
The C.A.R.E.S.© Fertility Financing Program was developed for fertility patients who have no health insurance coverage or benefits for fertility services (i.e. “cash” patients). Therefore, any patient without an active insurance policy or plan that covers the specific procedures included in the C.A.R.E.S.© Package they want to pursue, is eligible to apply.
However, fertility patients can enroll in The C.A.R.E.S.© Program through a participating fertility or IVF clinic.
*Patients are encourage to inquire with local fertility clinic staff about offering The C.A.R.E.S.© Program, especially those living in States without laws that mandate fertility coverage for its residents.
What are each of the C.A.R.E.S.© package fees my Patients will pay?
The fees for each C.A.R.E.S.© Program Package are clinic specific. SMART MD Practices works with each practice to develop the appropriate fee structure for the C.A.R.E.S.© Packages offered by the clinic.
What about financing for patients who need assistance with paying for services?
SMART MD Practices uses several online finance agencies, and we will assist your clinic with the set-up process for offering these services to your patients/customers.
CLINIC Participation – The C.A.R.E.S.© Program
What are the Clinic/Practice fees for the C.A.R.E.S.© Program?
Fertility Practices are assessed the following fees when implementing the C.A.R.E.S.© Program:
- A one-time set-up fee, And
- A nominal monthly fee during each month of participation.
What is included in the C.A.R.E.S. © Set-up Fee?
The set-up fee for the Program includes all of the following:
- Custom development of C.A.R.E.S.© packages for practice use – clinic selects which plans to be offered
- Data information sheets – program hand-outs, etc.
- Brochure with clinic Logo and demographics
- CARES© logo for website – marketing
- Set-up with online finance agencies for patient funding
- Clinic/staff training for the Program – via Telephone or Video Conferencing
What is included in my clinic’s monthly fee?
The monthly Program fee includes full Program access and support from SMART MD Practices, as well as use of ALL C.A.R.E.S.© packages selected by your clinic for implementation. It also includes certain marketing tools, as well as all applicable updates during the term of participation.
Are there any additional costs or fees?
SMART MD Practices does offer certain ADD-ON services or products in combination with The C.A.R.E.S.© Program. However, these services are completely optional, and only clinics that request an ADD-ON service or product will be assessed the corresponding fee for that service. A list of Add-On services is below:
- OPTIONAL – Microsoft Access Database for financial tracking of revenue and package cycles – Financial Tracking of Program Revenue & Cycles
- OPTIONAL – Consultation with practice’s marketing team to generate a marketing plan for Program website integration and/or other marketing initiatives.
- OPTIONAL – On site training for clinic staff and financial personnel-requires a minimum of 1-Full day for purchase, after-first day can purchase in Half-day increments.
- *All quotes for on-site training or consultation(s) include costs for travel and expenses for SMART MD personnel.
How is training completed with my practice for the C.A.R.E.S.© Fertility Financing Program go-live date?
Training is completed by video conferencing and telephone support, and is included with the program set-up for your clinic, at no additional charge.
Larger clinics with multiple offices and/or an increased number of staff who will require training, can elect on-site training for their practice. SMART MD Practices offers on-site training, which can be purchased at an additional fee.
How quickly can my clinic be set-up to offer The C.A.R.E.S. © Fertility Financing Program to our patients?
Once your clinic has completed all the necessary forms for participation, SMART MD Practices will prepare all the appropriate patient forms and package information sheets, for implementation, in addition to adding your practice’s logo and address information to all clinic handouts and brochures for use. An information page and electronic logo will be provided for website marketing, along with an email blast generated for clinic use in a mass advertising email campaign that can be sent to clinic customers and referring offices to ensure optimal introduction of the program. This process is typically completed within two to three weeks, during which time your staff/office training will be scheduled, and once complete, you’ll be ready to go!
How can I get a quote for Joining The C.A.R.E.S. © Fertility Financing Program Network of Providers?
Email our office at email@example.com and request a quote for service.